Thursday, July 28, 2011

Samurai Foods : Takoyaki

(literally fried or grilled octopus) is a popular ball-shaped Japanese dumpling or more like a savory pancake made of batter and cooked in a special takoyaki pan. It is typically filled with diced or whole baby octopus, tempura scraps (tenkasu), pickled ginger, and green onion - Wikipedia
Where to Buy : Samurai Foods Stall
Price : P?? ( 38 I think?? will update this when I can )

Samurai Foods is the oldest stall selling takoyaki here in the Philippines, I think they are the ones who started selling these way back 10 or more years ago. I could remember asking my mom to buy me these expensive yet so delicious food. The reason why I think their takoyaki is so delicious is because they use the original ingredients unlike other takoyaki that is made up of vegetables. The only problem about this food is that you have to wait for them to cook it which takes a very long 15 minutes, it is then served very smoking hot, so better be careful when eating this! it doesn't taste good when cold. =D

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...