Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Kiampong ( Fried Rice with Pork pieces and Chives and Nuts )


Where To Buy: Supra Restaurant ( Masangkay St. Sta Cruz Manila ) 
Price: 25php 

My personal favorite the Kiampong! it is a Fried Rice with Pork pieces and Chives and Nuts ( there are no Nuts in the picture because I don't like the Nuts ), this is one tasty fried rice that you can pair with any other food. also it only cost 25php per order, the serving is like 2 and 1/2 plain rice from other karinderia 


that are nearby. This is a Chinese cuisine that has been around for a long time, usually you can see old Chinese folks eating Kiampong in binondo because there are many Chinese restaurant there that sells Kiampong. You can even eat this alone and its still delicious.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, i remember the good ol days in Masangkay... we didn't have Supra resto then, but ol reliable Ha Yuan was there =)

    Can you share a good recipe of the kiampung? my family loves kiampung and hubby has been bugging me to learn how to cook it so we can enjoy it anytime.. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sorry I don't have a recipe for kiampong. If I ever stumbled upon one I would share to you. I don't cook kiampong because I could buy it anywhere here in Binondo. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's one famous restaurant in Divisoria, that serves one hell of a kiampung! but i forgot the name of the place. i think it's near the old divisoria mall and they serve the finest Maki soup too. Just ask the vendors near the old mall they know the place.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...